Photo strip

Photo strip

5 September 2010

And I thought it was wet here

I've just been booking hotels. The internet has become a two-edged sword: the upedge is that you can book almost anything from anywhere in the world. The downedge is that you now have to, because if you wait til you get there - wherever the there is that you're planning to make here - everything will already be booked chock-a-block.

So I was trawling the internet and booking hotels - and looking at a town called Ballarat in Victoria that, despite having a population (according to Wikipedia) of less than 100,000, is the third largest in the state. Anyway, I digress. I googled Ballarat Victoria, planning to look at hotel links, and the News section caught my eye. This was the first link. Some places have had 200 mm (that's 8 inches in old money) of rain in one day.

Perhaps I'll wait a bit before I book a hotel in Ballarat.

No comments:

Post a Comment