Photo strip

Photo strip

8 October 2010

Not to forget the bilbies ...

On the Wednesday afternoon of the conference, a range of outings were available for delegates. As usual I left it too late to book, so found myself organising a very exclusive outing for four of us in a hire car. We went to see another wildlife sanctuary. Most of the animals were in a large enclosure, but a small number of animals are housed in a separate smaller enclosure (only 200 x 200 meters) to show the public. Like many of these small marsupials, they are nocturnal, but red lighting is used to avoid disturbing them and they were fed in to almost under our feet I don't have a photo (flash wasn't allowed, and this one's a weblink), but how could I let you, dear reader, continue in life without becoming aware of the existence of the bilby, a sort of rabbit-eared clanger (and another of those small marsupials desperately threatened by introduced foxes and cats):



I managed to find one to take home with me:

1 comment:

  1. The real one is great but the one you're taking home is cute.

    chp.

    ReplyDelete