Photo strip

Photo strip

25 October 2010

The territory's own

It took me two whole days in Kakadu before I tried iced coffee. I was under the impression that it was nothing more than cold black coffee. In fact, it’s basically coffee milk shake: milk with coffee added, plus an irresistible amount of sugar.


The place that I bought my first fix was a rare beast – a store that catered to those who were not embarked on road journeys. It sold the standard version, plus a decaffeinated version. I soon discovered, though, that the convenience stores associated with every petrol station sold the real McCoy: “Double Shot”- a little something to get you through those endless woodland kilometers.

Two whole days of my life wasted …

3 comments:

  1. Is that a photo of the inside of the camper van? If so, cor, we get to see the living conditions too. ;O)

    chp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, maybe that nice clear work surface gives a false impression. In fact, anything left on it when the van's moving would end up on the floor pretty fast. I found with each type of van I had that it took me a couple of days to work out what level of organized chaos to allow it to fall into - basically, as there was only me, I could leave the bed more or less in place (usually sacrificing the 'corridor' between the bench seating along either side). Stuff left on the (unmade!) bed usually didn't bounce onto the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very false impression; I've seen inside a camper van, they aren't big. Plus as we go camping I know all about space - or lack of it. :O)

    chp.

    ReplyDelete